Saturday, April 11, 2015

Songs, books, and T.V. shows

Sorry that it's been so long since I've posted. A couple days ago I wrote out a whole post, and then (since I am so amazing with electronics) accidentally deleted it. :) 

Okay, so the rest of our Easter was super fun! Our family spent Easter dinner with Bella and Addy's family. Bella, Addy, Lu, Claire, and I hid eggs for our little siblings, and Bella and Addy's big sister Josie hid eggs for us, and it was really awesome. Then we feasted and squirted as much whipped cream as humanly possible on our desserts. :)

Bella and I are writing a story together and it's coming along really nicely. So, about two years ago, Bella, Addy, Lu, Claire, and I came up with a fun plot, and for the characters, we made each other a duchess, empress, queen, countess, and marchioness. It was so much fun. You have no idea how much fun writing a story with friends is. :) We didn't want to make it a story for people to read and critique or anything, we just wanted to write something really fun together. None of us were really great at writing, but it was so great to have our own world where we were royalty and could have awesome adventures and experiences together. I remember at swim team Bella and I would be swimming next to me and she would look at me and gesture for me to come up for a breath and ask me random questions about our story like, "Hey Jo, should Melissa be Isabella's aunt or Lucille's aunt?". And I remember one time at swim, she thought of something really great we could add to the story, gestured for me to take a breath, and told me her idea for the story in a high pitched voice talking really really fast. I squealed and said something along the lines of "Oh my gosh, that would be perfect!" We must have looked like two lunatics treading water in the middle of the pool freaking out over a story. XD Like, we thought about that story all the time! It was so awesome. :) So, I think we made it about 80 pages long. We didn't finish it because we all got really busy and didn't have a ton of time. About a month ago, Bella and I decided to re-write it with some changes. Over Spring Break, Bella and I have been adding to the story we are writing together, and it's really fun.

Yesterday I listened to the song Ronan by Taylor Swift. Okay. Sweetest. Song. Ever. Yesterday Bella came over and the first thing she said to me was, "Oh my gosh, Jo, you have to listen to this song. You are going to cry." (Can you tell we get excited over things like this?) So I listened to this song, and, yes, I sobbed. It is the sweetest and saddest songs I have ever heard. I'm not going to try to explain it because I can't do it justice. It is such a great song, and you should listen to it, but be prepared to cry. 

I have recently started watching the show Avatar the Last Airbender and it's so great! I just finished the first season (or book I think is what they call it). It's a really fun show, and I recommend it to all you who read this blog.

This was a really scattered post, sorry about that. :) 

Until next time,
~Jo


6 comments:

  1. the best is when you and your friends are freaking out over a story and people look at you like you've completely lost it xD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm pretty sure our swim coach was a little concerned... :D

      Delete
  2. and also, I LOVE THAT SONGGGGGGGGGG its so beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, that song made me cry like nothing else! It's so sweet!

      Delete
  3. Aaaaayyy Avatar the Last Airbender! Everyone should watch that show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right?!!?! It's soo great!!
      Thanks for reading our blog!!

      Delete