Monday, December 21, 2015

Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens

AHHHH! I SAW STAR WARS! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH I LOVE THESE MOVIES!!

Whew. *Deep breath*

Back story.

So I knew that this movie was going to come out, and I was excited because GUYS IT'S STAR WARS AND I FREAKING LOVE STAR WARS.
AHHH! 
Anyway, Rosie wanted to see it too, but she's seven and doesn't remember when Dad and us kids went on a Star Wars marathon. So, Dad, who loves Star Wars, got Rosie really excited about these movies and watched the old ones with her to get her super stoked for this new movie. Last night they watched episode five, my absolute favorite one, which I hadn't seen for years. It brought back so many memories of being super little and sitting on Dad's lap watching these movies. It was our special thing that we did with Dad, and it was then that I got really in to those movies. Claire and I planned our future when we were little: Claire was to marry Luke and I was to marry Han. Guys, I was so in love with Han Solo, you have no idea. I think he was my first crush.
Ahh....
I was such a weird little seven year old. Like, yes, I loved my Disney princess, dressing up, and being girly, but I also had this weird obsession with Star Wars, Han Solo, and light sabers. All my friends liked Leia and Padmé I would rant on and on about how much I loved Han Solo.

I remember when I was like eight, I met the first person I knew who didn't like Star Wars (Hi Bella. You know who you are) I was like "Whaaaat?" I think I went a little crazy. I was like, "Hoooooooow can you not like Star Wars????? Are you CRAZY?" I tried to lecture it into her, but after that didn't work. :) I actually brought the matter to my mom. She was doing dishes and I barged in and was like, "MOM. Isabel says that she doesn't like Star Wars! TELL her that it is goooood."
Oh gosh, I was insane. I think I didn't quite know how to deal with my fangirlingishness.




He was such a hero :P

Here he is, thirty years later, as handsome as ever :P


Okay, back to the story. So, last night while watching The Empire Strikes Back, I got super excited about the new movie. And then I get a text from one of my best friends, Joie, who moved away over the summer, saying that she was in town and was wondering if we wanted to go see Star Wars tomorrow! I freaked out! I was so excited. Joie is a Star Wars geek like me, and she was the perfect person to see it with. We went to a suuuper nice theater and oh my gosh I can't express how much I love this. Like, these movies where made THIRTY YEARS AGO. Thirty. And they are making new ones and I am just so so happy. Like, I am grinning as I'm typing this cause of all the excitementness. I have no words. 
When the theme music first played, the DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUUH DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUH. DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUUH DUHHHHH. DUH DUH DUH DUUUUUUUUUH DUH. DUH DUH DUH DUH, everyone in the theater went crazy cheering. It's so cool to know that there are so many other Star Wars geeks out there appreciating these movies with me. :) :) :)

Okay, for the movie itself, it went passed my expectations. Yes, I did cry, and I will probably be depressed for a while, but ohmygosh I don't care if you don't like Star Wars (BELLA) go watch it for gosh sakes. It's a good movie, it'll do you some good. The characters were so so so great. I want to talk about this more, but I don't want to ruin it for y'all.

Me and Dad have succeeded in getting Rosie obsessed with Star Wars. No, she isn't quite old enough to fully understand the awesomeness of it all, but she loves it just the same.

I think I'm going to watch it again with Dad sometime this week, because he is the one who raised me to love these movies, and I owe it to him. Plus I freaking love this movie and I can't wait to see it again!

For all you sad, sad, lonely people out there who don't like Star Wars, sorry about this long overwhelming post. 

May The Force Be With You,
Jo






4 comments:

  1. HOLY COW IM SO JEALOUS I WANT TO SEE THAT SO BAD!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guilty as charged. :P I really liked Episode VII though. It was cool. Now I just gotta go watch the rest. :P

    ReplyDelete