Monday, December 15, 2014

More Christmas talk

10 days!
We got our Christmas tree and decorated for Christmas last night. :) We have a tradition to go get our tree on Gaudete Sunday (the third Sunday of Advent), which was yesterday. So after Claire, Lu, and I got back from Confirmation Class at 5:30 we had dinner and we all went to get our tree. We've gone to this really small, nice Christmas tree lot for the last couple of years. There's always a bon fire and we roast chestnuts. And there is a train caboose that's all decorated that the little kids like to play in.
We got this nice big tree that's about 8 1/2 - 9 feet tall. With the angel on top, it almost reaches the ceiling.
When we got home, Dad and I put the lights on the tree and then we all decorated it. We have some really old ornaments. There's one that my mom made when she was 3! :D I wish I could take a picture of our tree, but our camera isn't working very well. :(
Around the house we put up holly decorations, mistletoe, Nutcrackers, statues of Santa, candles, and random little Christmas things that we've had forever. There's some decorations that we've had for as long as I can remember. We've always had these three little stuffed bears in Santa outfits that I can remember always carrying around around Christmas time. And there are special ornaments that certain people put up. It's a tradition that Dad puts up a tiny little ornament that is Santa holding a baseball bat. And Mom always puts up an ornament that is a little mouse reading a book and sitting on a bell. We have decorations that bring back memories, too. We have ornaments that our ballet teacher gave to us after we performed in the Nutcracker, back when we did ballet. And we've always had this statue of Santa with his big bulging bag of toys and his candy cane cane. And it's weird because it wouldn't seem right if one year we didn't have those little things. :) Christmas Traditions are the best. :)

~Jo



2 comments:

  1. Sorry, I have no idea why it turned white in the back. I'll see if I can fix it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, sorry, I can't get rid of it. I'll try to have my dad fix it later.

    ReplyDelete