Monday, October 20, 2014

I really can't decide what to call this post….

I've had an eventful last couple days, sorry for not posting.

I went to a Jane Austen style birthday party two days ago and everyone had to dress up in regency dresses. It was really fun, and the day before the party a couple of my friends and I went shopping at Goodwill for costumes and we found some really awesome shirts and skirts and scarves and dresses etc. I love Goodwill. You can find anything. ;) . Last year I was Lucille Ball (from I Love Lucy) and I found a 50s dress and red high heels at Goodwill and I wore fake eye lashes and bright red lipstick and it was really cool. :)

Anyway, before the Jane Austen party Claire, Lu, and I went on a mile and a half long hike. Oh gosh, I'm so sore! I'm mean seriously, I walked a mile and I feel like my rear is going to fall off. I think I'll stick to swimming… :)

Oh, and speaking of swimming, Claire and I are going to a swim meet on Saturday! I'm pretty nervous because it's only my second one. I'm not doing anything really hard, but racing with a lot of people watching is pretty terrifying.

….


We went to the beach yesterday. I feel so lucky to live here. Where else can you go to the beach in the middle of October, and go in the water, and not be cold? I've never lived anywhere else, but my mom grew up in Arizona and she says we are so lucky to live in such nice weather. I've only seen snow twice in my live and that's kind of a bummer, but always having such nice weather is great too.  :)


After the beach, we walked around the Harbor and then went to a seafood restaurant. I don't like fish, but I decided to suck it up and just eat it, because I'm not a super picky eater and I thought I might like something there.
I surprised myself and tried the squid. And it wasn't that bad! It didn't taste like fish which was good, and it had a really tasty breading. I don't remember what the restaraunt was called, but has really tasty cod and squid, and french fries. I really like french fries.

….


I've been really busy and I haven't had time to draw, but I might have some time this week, so I might post some drawings soon.

Until then,

~Jo

No comments:

Post a Comment