So.
I did 3 events. 100 yd butterfly, 50 yd freestyle, and 100 yd IM. Claire did the same as me, but she did 100 yd backstroke instead of 100 yd butterfly.
The only event that I had done was the 100 yd butterfly, so I had a time to beat in that one, but not the other ones. Claire hadn't done any of the events that she was doing before, so she didn't have any times to beat.
The results:
I got 5th place in my heat in the 100 butterfly, but I beat my old time (that I made last spring) by 11 seconds so I'm pretty pleased with that. I made it on 1 min and 20 sec.
I got 3rd place in my heat in 100 IM. My time was 1 min and 27 sec. Claire and I raced in that heat, and she got 3 sec behind me, and got 5th.
I got 1st in my heat in 50 freestyle. My time was 32 sec. Claire and I raced in that heat also, an she got 1 sec behind me and got 3rd.
Claire got second in her heat in 100 backstroke. Her time was 1 min and 29 sec.
There were about 10 people racing in each heat, so I'd say that we did pretty well. ;)
It was a really long day and I'm super tired, and I can't really think of anything else to say, so I'm going to sign off now…
~Jo
congrats on the results! rest up, it sounds like it was a workout
ReplyDeletethanks! I'll tell you when we have the next meet, and maybe we can take you. :)
Deletecool! i'd love to come ;)
Delete