On Friday our family went camping!
What was supposed to be a 3 hour drive turned into a 4 1/2 hour drive thanks to a ton of traffic. We probably listened to every single Taylor Swift song about 89 times by the time we got there. :) But seriously, it was long.
Anyway, after we got there it was nice. We went with my dad's sister and her family and their friends which was super fun. It's really dry where we were camping, so unfortunately we could have campfires. But s'mores over a camp stove still works!
On Saturday we went hiking a couple miles away from the campsite. And by the end of the hike, lots of people were lost and then found, and then lost and found again. It was seriously like a cartoon. It was hilarious.
On Sunday we came home and the drive back was so much better on the way back than it was on the way there.
So it was a really fun, but tiring, weekend!
Today Jo and I met with some friends at a cafe in town, and then we went to our friends house and swam in her pool. I am so sunburned. Ugh.
One of my really good friends moved away a couple weeks ago. :'( We really miss her. Anyway, she is visiting tomorrow and I'm really super excited!!!!
My dad, Jo, Lu, Rosie, and I are going to go up north for the week on Wednesday. Another long car trip. Yay. But it's going to be a super fun and I'm really excited. And I get to see my friend Maggie. :D
So we probably won't post this week, but we'll tell you all about it when we come home.
Talk to y'all later!
~ Claire
sounds like a fun camping trip!! is it sad that the closest I've ever come to camping was sleeping in a tent in the backyard? im such a wimp ;p
ReplyDeletesunburns are the worst!! we went to the beach on sunday and i got totally burned!! ugh. i have such talent.
have fun on your trip! ;)