I hope you all had a great Independence Day! Yesterday, we went to a party for the community at our priest's house. The party was really fun and the fireworks were fantastic! We watched the fireworks from a hill and the view was wonderful. I'm really happy that we had a fun Fourth of July this year, because last year on the Fourth I was sick in bed with a high fever. :( So, yes, we had a really great time. :)
Our parish has this tradition sort of thing where we always sing America the Beautiful at the end of mass on July 4th week end. That song has such beautiful lyrics! It's such an amazing song, and I always get really jittery and happy when I sing it. My favorite verse is the third one.
O beautiful for heroes proved
In liberating strife.
Who more than self their country loved
And mercy more than life!
America! America!
May God thy gold refine
Till all success be nobleness
And every gain divine!
So, there's this big soccer game going on that my family is watching right now. I'm not really a big on watching soccer. I mean, I love playing soccer with my friends, but I don't know, watching it is kinda boring. But, anyway, USA is winning so that's good!
I'm reading the older Betsy-Tacy books right now, and I really like them. Maud Hart Lovelace (How cool of a name is that???) is such a great author! I read the books where Betsy and Tacy were younger when I was younger, and it's really cool to now read the older ones when I'm older. I was talking to Bella, who also really loves these books, and we were saying how there's something really nice about reading books about a girl who is just your age, and who you can relate to. You know?
Betsy is my age in Heaven to Betsy, the book I'm reading right now, and it's really fun to compare my life, and Betsy's, which was a little over 100 years ago. There are a lot of things that are pretty much the same, but there are some things that are so different. :)
Anyway, these are really fun books and I recommend them to y'all.
~Jo
No comments:
Post a Comment