It's the weekend.
Yes. After multiple nervous breakdowns, lots of emotions, stress, and work, it's the weekend.
Like my Mom says, it's the first weekend I have ever properly enjoyed. Being homeschooled before, I have never been so relieved that it is finally the weekend. I went to a party last night and didn't get home until 11ish, and then slept for 12 hours. And I'm still tired. I guess it's from the major stress I've been experiencing. Like, I don't think I've ever been this overwhelmed. It's exhausting.
On that happy note, let me tell you some of the happy notes of this first week.
- Okay, so I made friends with my favorite teacher. She's my English teacher and she's amazing. And she's also going to be my swim coach. So I think that's it's good that we got off on the right foot. :)
- I made lots of friends. ;) Friends are good.
- I CAN OPEN MY LOCKER!! Yes I can. Like a boss.
- I can speak a couple sentences of Spanish. Ahem. "Me llamo Josephine." Translation: "My name is Josephine." I know I know!!!! I'm so proud.
- I organized my back pack and now I know exactly where everything is.
Good, right??
I'm a happy chicken.
If you all would pray that I survive this coming week with less emotional break downs than this last week, I would be very grateful. This is a really big change for me and I'm having a bit of a time adjusting to it.
You guys are the best! I got some very uplifting emails, conversations, and phone calls from you guys this week from you all, and honestly, those made my week. I don't know what I would do without you. Thank you thank you thank you!
I love you all!!
Jo, who is extremely grateful that she has such amazing friends.
*GASP* YOU WANNA SWITCH ENGLISH TEACHERS?? Cuz mine is crazy.
ReplyDeleteSchool is definitely something to get used to, but I'm glad you guys are doing so well :) and also, you're taking spanish?? Holy cow, dude, your school sounds awesome right now ;p
Ugh, I need to organize my backpack. i don't think I've even opened it since May.
Love you guys so much, have a great weekend!!
Haha lol. Don't worry, I have a scary Spanish teacher. We all have that one teacher...
DeleteHey Jo! I can tell you're pretty pooped and overwhelmed and stuff. But as you get adjusted to it I bet things will get easier. Once it feels *more* normal, *maybe* it won't be so stressful... (I usually stress way too much about things, but tea and chocolate always help! Haha.) Not that I know what I'm saying, so really, don't listen to me! :P But it sounds like an amazing school, and God'll take care of everything. :) I'll pray for you this week! And hey, if you can already open your locker like a boss and speak some Spanish, you can do anything!! XD
ReplyDeleteLove you!!
Moni
Gracias Moni! (lol I'm a pro at Spanish!)
DeleteHaha I can speak like TWO sentences in Spanish! But that's something, right?
See you in a bit!
Jo