Thursday, June 4, 2015

Fangirling over "How To Steal A Million"

Yesterday, Claire and I went to Bella and Addy's house, and we watched How To Steal A Million, which is one of my very favorite movies. It has Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole and ohmygosh it is so amazing. We watched it with Dad almost a year ago, and I loved it, but I kinda forgot about it until yesterday. 
Audrey Hepburn is one of the best actresses you'll ever see, and her movies are pretty much as good as they get. This movie is kind of a mystery which makes it even better
It was pretty gloomy yesterday, so we had tea while we watched it, and OH MY GOODNESS why do I love these movies so much? 
Watching movies with Bella and Claire is the best because we pretty much would not stop talking, laughing, and fangirling the whole time. XD 
Old movies are soo good! A lot of people don't appreciate these amazing movies! Don't get me wrong, I love the Marvel movies and other new movies like that, but the classics are so great too! My mom and dad got us in to old movies when we were little. Like, every Christmas we watch The Shop Around The Corner, and every Thanksgiving we watch Miracle of 34th Street. And we've watched Gilbert and Sullivan movies together since we were little. They're all so good!
Bella and I were comparing the acting in How To Steal A Million to some of the new T.V. shows that we had seen and the difference is crazy! Peter O'Toole and Audrey Hepburn are such amazing actors! 
It's kinda hard to explain what the movie is about....so how about you all just watch it and find out for yourselves. :)
Rating: 13 out of 10.

Love it!!

I started reading the first of the Ranger's Apprentice series, that Bella and Lucie recommended for me. So far I really like it! I've been kinda busy lately so I'm only about 50 pages in. I think there are 12 books in the series, and I loooove long series so I'm super excited to read all these books. 

In about two weeks our library's Summer Reading Program starts! We get a raffle ticket for every 50 pages we read, and at the end of the program we go to a raffle where they off 200 prizes. Like, we get prizes for reading! Yes please!

I'm on this really good part of my book so I'll sign off now.

~Jo


2 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH I tried to persuade my brother to watch that movie with me a while ago and he didn't want to and I was all ARE YOU INSANE??
    I really want to read the ranger's apprentice series!! let me know what you think when you finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IKR this movie is THE BEST!
    Okay, I'll Iet you know. Lucie and Isabel LOVE the Ranger's Apprentice series and they've been wanting me to read them forever.

    ReplyDelete